Please read these terms and conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of our site. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions, you must stop using our site immediately.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these terms and conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
- Account - where required, and it is not always required, means an account required for a visitor to access and/or use certain areas of our site.
- Content - means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases, and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, our site.
- Expert Review - means a review posted on our site by one of our employees or associates.
- User - means a visitor to or user of our site.
- User Review - means a review posted on our site by a user.
- We/Us/Our - means ANB Communications, a division of Central Park Communications, Inc., a company registered in the United States, in the State of Illinois, whose registered address is 6160 W. 60th St., Chicago, IL 60638.
Information About Us
Our site, https://1970chicagocubs.com, is owned and operated by ANB Communications, a division of Central Park Communications, Inc., a company registered in the United States, in the State of Illinois, whose registered address is 6160 W. 60th St., Chicago, IL 60638.Access to Our Site
- Access to our site is free of charge.
- It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access our site.
- Access to our site is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We may alter, suspend, or discontinue our site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if our site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Email List Sign Up
- Certain parts and features of our site (including the ability to enter free drawings) may require you to sign up to our email list in order to take part.
- You may not sign up to our list if you are younger than 18 years of age.
- When signing up to our list, the information you provide (for example your name) must be accurate and complete. If any of your information changes at a later date, it is your responsibility to ensure that your sign up details are kept up to date.
- We only will award prizes to subscribers who have provided accurate contact information (name and email address)
- You can unsubscribe from a list at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any email that you have received from us.
For more information about emails and personal data used to deliver them, see our Privacy page.
Intellectual Property Rights
- With the exception of user reviews, all content included on our site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that content, unless specifically labeled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by us. All content (including user reviews) is protected by applicable United States and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
- You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-license, store, or in any other manner re-use content from our site unless given express written permission to do so by us.
- You may, however, access, view, and use our site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app).
- You may, however, download our site (or any part of it) for caching as part of your normal browser function.
- You may, however, print one copy of any page from our site.
- Our status as the owner and author of the content on our site (or that of identified users and/or licensors, as appropriate) always must be acknowledged. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing, and use of our site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes the provisions of U.S. copyright law, covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation, and news reporting; caricature, parody, or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
Acceptable Usage Policy
You may use our site only in a manner that is lawful and that complies with the provisions below. Specifically:
- you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all applicable local, national, and international laws and/or regulations;
- you must not use our site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- you must not use our site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware or any other code designed to affect adversely any computer hardware, software, or data of any kind;
- you must not use our site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
- When submitting forms (or communicating in any other way using our site), you must not submit, communicate, or otherwise do anything that:
- is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful, or otherwise inflammatory;
- promotes violence;
- promotes or assists any form of unlawful activity;
- discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group, or class of persons or any race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- is intended or otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive;
- is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person’s right to privacy;
- misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive;
- implies any form of affiliation with us where none exists;
- is intended to advertise or market any product or service (including, but not limited to, that which is being reviewed) or is of an advertising or marketing nature;
- infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, patents, trademarks, and database rights) of any other party; or
- is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
- We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
Links to Our Site
You may link to our site provided that:
- You do so in a fair and legal manner;
- You do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement, or approval on our part where none exists;
- You do not use any logos or trademarks displayed on our site without our express written permission; and
- You do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
Links to Other Sites
Links to other sites may be included on our site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on our site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
We may feature automatic, preference-based advertising on our site. We are not responsible for the content of any advertising on our site. We will not be responsible for any advertising on our site including, but not limited to, any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.
Disclaimers and Legal Rights
- Nothing on our site, including but not limited to user reviews and expert reviews, constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that our site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
- If, as a result of our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, any digital content from our site damages your device or other digital content belonging to you, as a consumer you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights and remedies as a consumer, please contact the your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office (in the United States, the Federal Trade Commission).
- We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the content on our site is complete, accurate, and up to date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties, or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the content is complete, accurate, or up to date.
- The opinions, views, and values expressed in content on our site, including but not limited to user reviews and expert reviews, are those of the authors of that content and do not represent our opinions, views, or values.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we accept no liability to any user or visitor for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) our site or the use of or reliance upon any content included on our site.
- To the fullest extent permissible by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to our site or any content included on our site.
- Our site is intended for non-commercial use only. If you are a business user, we accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill, or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our site is free from viruses and other malware, however, we accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data, or other material that occurs as a result of your use of our site (including the downloading of any content from it) or any other site referred to on our site.
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of our site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or restricts our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of consumers' legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office (in the United States, the Federal Trade Commission).
Viruses, Malware, and Security
- We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that our site is secure and free from viruses and other malware.
- You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data, and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
- You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via our site.
- You must not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any part of our site; the server on which our site is stored; or any other server, computer, or database connected to our site.
- You must not attack our site by means of a denial of service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
- By breaching the provisions above you may be committing a criminal offense under the U.S. Computer Fraud and Abuse Act as well as other legislation in other countries and internationally. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities, and we will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use our site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
Privacy and Cookies
Communications From Us
- If we have your contact details, we may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes and changes to these terms and conditions.
- We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time. Any and all marketing emails sent by us include an unsubscribe link. If you opt out of receiving emails from us at any time, it may take up to 1 business day for your new preferences to take effect.
- For questions or complaints about communications from us (including, but not limited to marketing emails), please use the form on the contact us page.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may alter these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of our site after the changes have been implemented. You therefore are advised to check this page from time to time.
- In the event of any conflict between the current version of these terms and conditions and any previous versions, the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless expressly stated otherwise.
These terms and conditions have been updated as of May 2021
To contact us, use the form on the contact us page or one of the other contact methods provided on that page.Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms and conditions, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, United States law and by the laws of the State of Illinois.
- If you are a consumer, you agree that anything related to your use of or access to this site, including any disputes concerning these terms and conditions, the relationship between you and us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise), shall be subject to the laws of the United States and the laws of the State of Illinois, regardless of any conflict in provisions of these entities' laws. You also agree to personal jurisdiction and venue in the courts, both State and Federal, of Cook County, Illinois, and you waive any right to or objection to this venue and jurisdiction. If you live in the European Union, other claims provisions apply; consult applicable law and jurisdiction in that case.) If you live outside the United States and the European Union, then the laws of the United States and the laws of the State of Illinois shall apply, and you agree to personal jurisdiction and venue in the courts, both State and Federal, of Cook County, Illinois, and you waive any right to or objection to this venue and jurisdiction.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these terms and conditions, the relationship between you and us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United States and the State of Illinois.